We tend to avoid actively managed investments as this has been proven not to improve returns but to actually reduce them through higher investment costs.
All the evidence points to the fact that active managers are inefficient due to the failure to achieve a higher return than the market as a whole can deliver, and also their higher costs.
We believe that investing in the correct mix of different asset classes will deliver the most consistent returns. This is based on scientific evidence.
What we do
- Ascertain your ability to take risk and sensitivity to market upturns and downturns
- Reduce volatility by ensuring diversification
- Manage costs to maximise net returns
- Take the emotion out of investing. Too many invetsors make emotional decisions and try to time the market. This usually reduces their returns in the long term.
- Ensure your portfolio is rebalanced regularly to ensure it obtains the expected returns